Work COVID-19 Testing Programs
MiraDx’s testing program is customizable for the needs of each company and includes the following protocol:
- Screen all employees for COVID-19 on day one to establish a baseline.
- Employees who test negative are cleared to work
- They are still susceptible to infection and should still be tested periodically.
- Available reserve testing for any employee with symptoms and/or new employees.
- We recommend testing at least 25% each week, to cover the full population each month.
- On-site testing capacity will be needed to differentiate those infected with COVID-19 versus the common cold and flu.
Based on an average annual employee salary of $50,000, COVID-related absences could result in:
For each employee infected with COVID-19 (based on 30 days out of work)
For each employee exhibiting cold or flu-like symptoms attributed to COVID-19 (based on 14 days out of work)
For companies with 1,000 employees, employee absenteeism due to cold or flu-like symptoms attributed to COVID-19 could result in $5 million dollars or more in lost wages, not including the loss in productivity that comes with every employee absence.
According to the CDC, employees with COVID-19 symptoms who do not have access to clearance testing will likely miss at least 14 days of work.
The MiraDx Difference
Other providers sell tests for hundreds of other diseases, so they cannot dedicate capacity just to your program; MiraDx only does COVID-19 testing and will reserve dedicated capacity for your program.
MiraDx will not sell more tests than it can process. MiraDx will only sell tests it has the capacity to run now — it is not selling tests with the hopes of building capacity by the fall.
Upon ordering, you will reserve a specific day or days in our lab dedicated to processing your tests.
MiraDx will ensure results within 48 hours of receipt of your samples at our lab.
Because of our singular focus, we can customize a program specifically for your company.